Below, we have listed some sites on the Internet that may be helpful to you in taking care of your child and better understanding his or her medical problems.
- Health Library - Our very own encyclopedia covering surgeries, procedures and tests and our A-Z Health Encyclopedia.
- Medline is a comprehensive and constantly uptated listing of almost all articles published in the medical literature. You can read abstracts of these papers on-line and obtain the whole text in the medical library if you wish.
- The National Cancer Institute offers up-to-date and reliable information for patients and physicians about the treatment of most types of cancer.
- The American Pseudo-obstruction and Hirschsprung’s Disease Society, Inc. (APHS) is a group that offers support and current information for health professionals as well as patients and parents of children with Hirschsprung's disease and other gastrointestinal motility problems.
- Detailed information about pectus excavatum and the minimally-invasive operation that has been developed to correct this chest wall deformity can be found at a site from the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, where the operation was developed.