Sickle Cell Program Overview
A new movement for patients who suffer from Sickle Cell Disease is in development at Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus. Our vision is to set a new standard of excellence in heath care delivery through several key care components tailored to this disease. Our goal is for your disease to be managed well while you are in and out of the hospital.
What exactly does that mean?
- Caring and compassionate patient experience
- Holistic healing environment
- Sickle cell clinical pathways
- Inpatient pain management
- Practitioner education
- Peer support
Adult group meeting. Dinner will
WHEN: Second Thursday of each
month, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
WHERE: PossAbilities office
25455 Barton Rd., Ste. 109A
Loma Linda, CA 92354
For more information call
Sickle Cell Symposium - 2015 Date to be announced.
The Annual Sickle Cell Disease Symposium presented by Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) East Campus is a resource for healthcare professionals to expand awareness and understanding of sickle cell disease. The goal of the conference is to equip healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to manage sickle cell disease and meet patients' needs, particularly during the transition from pediatrics to adulthood. Topics included pain management, recognition of disease complications and psychosocial concerns of the adult sickle cell patient. Atttendance provides clinical care providers with access to a variety of vendors and sickle cell disease experts.
- Identify reproductive issues in the sickle cell patient.
- Manage the transition of care from pediatrics to adult for the sickle cell patient.
- Recognize the recent advances in gene research regarding sickle cell anemia.
- Evaluate the psychosocial support of the adult sickle cell patient.
- Explain the sickle cell disease surveillance efforts of the state of California.
If you are a patient and would like to learn more about our program, please click on the link below for more information:
Sickle Cell Disease Physicians
Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus
25333 Barton Road
Loma Linda, CA 92354