All applications for the Loma Linda University Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency Program will be submitted using the Residency and Fellowship Physical Therapy Centralized Application System (RF-PTCAS).
Additional information and tutorials regarding use of the RF-PTCAS can be accessed through the ABPTRFE website. To begin your application, follow this link to RF-PTCAS: https://rfptcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
Applicants are evaluated based on the following criteria:
Clinical education and mentoring experience
Clinical experience in orthopaedic physical therapy
Letters of recommendation
Minimal eligibility requirements:
1. Licensure as a Physical Therapist by the Physical Therapy Board of California.
2. Comply with all Loma Linda University Medical Center employment requirements.
Loma Linda University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and disability or health status.
Desirable applicants include those who:
- Completed an extended internship or externship under the direct clinical supervision of a Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy.
- Possess superior verbal and written communication skills; and have experience in data collection, analysis, and publication.
- Possess strong fundamentals in the principles of clinical reasoning, manual therapy, and movement science.
Application deadline is July 1st of each year. No application fee. Superior candidates will be selected for an interview and evaluation of basic clinical competencies with members of the selection committee.
**Notification of applicants who gain admission to the program will be made by October 15th of each year. Cost of the program is $1000 to be paid upon acceptance to the program.
Letter of Recommendation:
Your letters of recommendation will be directly submitted by the author to RF-PTCAS. You will be required to submit contact information regarding your references into RF-PTCAS. The author will be sent a link to electronically access and submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Once submitted, the letter will be automatically linked to your application. You are encouraged to follow up with the author to ensure the letter is completed and submitted.