Inpatient admissions and referral process
Who can refer a patient for inpatient rehabilitation?
- A physician
- A hospital case manager
- An insurance case manager
- A family member requesting rehabilitation services at Loma Linda University Medical Center
What is required for an evaluation to take place?
The request for a rehabilitation evaluation must be documented on the patient's chart. This allows us to review the chart and to see the patient.
Phone: (909) 558-4229 or (909) 558-4213
Fax: (909) 558-0226
What is the admitting criteria?
The patient must:
- Be deemed medically stable by their physician
- Have a medical condition that requires an inpatient rehabilitation program
- Have a medical condition that requires a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation program
- Be able to participate in a minimum of three hours of therapy per day, spread throughout the day
- Require at least two therapy modalities generally consisting of physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Have insurance that is contracted with Loma Linda University Medical Center rehabilitation services
- Have a discharge plan to return home or back to the community
What is the process for admission?
- The patient must be referred to us by one of the referral sources above, either by telephone or fax.
- The patient is generally evaluated by one of our intake team members within 24 to 48 hours of the request.
- Medical information is gathered from the chart, family, nursing staff, and therapy staff and is presented to one of our rehabilitation physicians.
- The physician will make the determination if the patient meets the medical criteria for an inpatient rehabilitation program.
- The intake staff will contact the patient's insurance provider to see if the patient's insurance is contracted with Loma Linda University Medical Center as a rehabilitation provider.
- If the patient is medically stable, accepted by the rehabilitation physician, authorized by the insurance, and a rehabilitation bed is available, the patient will be admitted to our program to begin rehabilitation.
Outpatient referral process
A prescription from the patient's doctor is faxed to, or delivered to, our office. Once authorization is received, we will call you to set up an appointment.
Once the patient is authorized our scheduling team will call you to set up an appointment.
11406 Loma Linda Drive, Loma Linda, Ca 92354 (West Entrance)
Phone: (909) 558-6144
Fax: (909) 558-6002
Orthotics & Prosthetics referral process
The patient needs to have a prescription from his or her doctor faxed to, or dropped off at, our office to start the authorization process. Once the authorization is received, our office will call you to set up an appointment.
11406 Loma Linda Drive, Loma Linda, Ca 92354 (North Entrance)
Phone: (909) 558-6272
Fax: (909) 558-6248