The Spinal Cord Injury Program is designed to provide you with a comprehensive clinical program that will challenge you in your rehabilitation goal -- to be independent in your community, work environment and home. The Spinal Cord Injury Program consists of the blending of intensive one-on-one sessions with your therapists and the utilization of group therapy sessions.
Who will benefit?
Persons with complex neurophysical rehabilitative needs such as those acquired for a spinal cord injury would benefit from this program.
Interdisciplinary team: Our clinical treatment team includes physiatry (rehabilitation medicine), Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, and Neuropsychology.
General admission criteria
1. Transfers - ability to transfer independently or with the assistance of one person. If you require 2 people to assist in transfers, you may bring a family member.
2. Wheel Chair Skills - ability to self propel wheelchair or have a family member assist you.
3. Medication Management - self medication program
4. Ability to tolerate a minimum of 4 to 5 hours of therapy per day
5. Transportation - ability to provide own transportation
6. Age - 5 and olderTo seek more information or to initiate an evaluation or referral, please contact the program coordinator at (909) 558-6144.