Why Choose Loma Linda University International Heart Institute
Loma Linda University International Heart Institute is known throughout the Inland Empire region for our expertise and success in treating adults and children with cardiac conditions.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and advanced cardiac programs available in medicine today, leading the way in effective treatment of heart disease and preventive heart health. Our highly experienced team of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and subspecialists focus on your unique needs and giving you the best cardiac care possible.
LLUIHI offers key benefits in areas such as:
Overall Excellence in Cardiac Care
- One of the largest congestive heart failure programs in the United States where most patients are successfully treated as outpatients.
- Renowned cardiothoracic surgery clinic with nine full-time faculty surgeons treating more than 1,000 patients annually.
- Integrated team of diverse cardiac specialists in one convenient location offering a full program of diagnostic, interventional and preventive procedures.
Leader in Adult Cardiac Services
- Leader in adult cardiology for over 50 years, providing care to patients locally, nationally and internationally.
- Dedicated team of pediatric and adult cardiologists to serve the unique needs of adults born with heart problems.
- Specialized outpatient clinic for adults with congenital heart disease
- First Inland Empire hospital accredited by the Joint Commission to provide adults with Destination Therapy/Ventricular Assist devices
Pediatric Cardiac Innovations
- Pioneered pediatric heart transplantation
- Pediatric critical care team called upon throughout the world to assist with life-saving heart surgeries for infants
- First Inland Empire hospital accredited by the Joint Commission to provide Melody Valves to children
- More than 40 years as a leader in pediatric cardiac programs, caring for children from birth to 18 years old