General Requirements for Volunteers
The goal of Volunteer services is to match potential volunteers with the current needs of our programs. Applicants will be screened and accepted based on availability, program selection and compatibility. If your application is accepted, you will be processed according to the steps below.
Volunteer Onboarding Process:
- Submit on-line application
- Selected applicants will be contacted by Volunteer Services to be scheduled for a small group interview
- Accepted applicants will then be invited to attend a Volunteer Orientation
*A $20.00 non-refundable processing fee will be collected at the time of Orientation
- Obtain 2 letters of recommendation- recommendation forms will be sent via e-mail
- Complete 2 TB clearances - provided by LLUMC
- Receive a mandatory flu vaccination prior to on-boarding-provided by LLUMC
- Successfully pass the a background investigation
- Have ID badge picture taken at Human Resources
- Read and sign the Volunteer Agreement
- Attend program specific training
Online Applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age in order to complete our online application***
- Have a valid U.S. social security number (if over 18 years of age)
- Be able to commit to at least 100 hours of service per year* **
- Be able to commit to at least 2 hours of service per week
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (second language skills are a plus)
*Unfortunately, we are not able to accept court-ordered community service.
** If you cannot commit to the 100 hours requirements, please visit our Community Volunteer Events for community volunteer opportunities within the Loma Linda University Health community.
***If you are between the ages of 14 and 17. Our 2013 Teen Summer program is now closed. Please visit our TEEN SUMMER website in March 2014 for more information about the 2014 Teen Summer Program.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Loma Linda University Medical Center - Murrieta location, please contact: email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE: If you are attempting to complete the volunteer application using a Safari or Google Chrome internet browser, the internet browser may have complications with the application functions. Please contact the Volunteer Services office at (909) 558-7005(909) 558-7005 to schedule an appointment to complete the online application in the Volunteer Services office.