Applications are available until April 5th, 2013.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR TEEN VOLUNTEERS:
Teen Applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 14-17
- Have at least a 3.2 GPA (proof required)
- Be able to commit to at least 35 hours of service during your summer session. Please plan vacation times and summer school accordingly
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have reliable and available transportation
- Be independent
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (second language skills are a plus)
- Have parental consent to volunteer
teensummer. APPLICATION PROCESS:
The goal of Volunteer services is to match potential volunteers with the current needs of our programs. Teen applicants will be screened and accepted based on availability, program needs and compatibility. The TEEN SUMMER Volunteer Program is exceptionally popular which creates a highly competitive environment.
*Returning teen volunteers will need to complete the application, provide a recent copy of the GPA, two (2) letters of recommendation, to attend orientation and have an annual TB clearance.
The sign-up process is outlined below:
Due to limited space, we are not able to accept all applicants.
- Submit completed packet, including application, two (2) recommendation forms completed by a teacher or counselor
- Proof of GPA should be attached to the application or returned with the letters of recommendation
- A signed parent agreement that will be emailed to your parents for signature once the application is returned
- Attend an interview
- Selected applicants will be contacted by Volunteer Services via e-mail to be scheduled for Teen Orientation
- A $20.00 non-refundable processing fee will be collected at the time of the Teen Orientation
- Complete two (2) TB clearances - provided by LLUMC
- Have ID badge picture taken at Human Resources
- Acquire volunteer uniform
- Establish schedule with Volunteer Services and begin volunteering!
**New teen volunteers must successfully complete the TEEN SUMMER Volunteer Program before being considered for limited year-round volunteer positions**
Loma Linda University Health, Volunteer Services
11234 Anderson Street, CH 1802
Loma Linda, CA 92354