Paramedic Refresher Course
CENTER FOR PREHOSPITAL CARE, EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
Loma Linda University and
11155 Mountain View Ave, Suite 220
Loma Linda, CA 92354
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (909) 558-7611
Fax: (909) 558-7934
Course Dates and Time
Monday – February 2, 2009 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday – February 3, 2009 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday – February 4, 2009 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday – February 5, 2009 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday – February 6, 2009 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Optional Cardiac Topics Day
Drayson Center – Collins Auditorium
Loma Linda University
25040 Stewart Street
Loma Linda, CA 92350
Approved for 32 contact hours by the San Bernardino County EMS Agency, provider #62-0069
GENERAL INFORMATION – PARAMEDIC REFRESHER COURSE
Renewing your NREMT-P certification requires 48 hours of refresher training, in addition to continuing education and skills requirements (see below). Many paramedics renewing their NREMT-P certification find an approved Refresher Course to be the most convenient way of fulfilling the 48 hours refresher training requirement. Loma Linda University’s 32 hour Paramedic Refresher Course is designed to meet the full 48-hour Refresher Course requirement when combined with a full 16-hour ACLS provider course, or when combined with an 8-hour ACLS renewal course and our Optional 8-hour Cardiac Topics Day.
Please note that skills testing and sign-off is not part of this paramedic refresher course; you should contact your agency medical director or training officer for this requirement.
$275 Regular Registration, Per Person
$70 ADD Optional Cardiac Topics Day
After January 19, 2009, $20 late fee applies:
$295 Regular Registration, Per Person
Refund requests must be in writing and be faxed or postmarked no less than 14 days prior to the start of the course. A $50.00 administrative fee will be assessed on refund requests.
*In the event the course is cancelled due to insufficient participation, a full refund will be provided.
RENEWING YOUR NREMT-P
To renew your NREMT-P the following requirements must be met:
- Be actively working within an EMS service, rescue service, or patient care facility using ALS skills
- Complete a 48 hour Refresher Course
- Obtain CPR Certification current to your March expiration date
- Obtain ACLS current to your March NREMT-P expiration date
- Complete 24 hours of additional EMS continuing education
- Maintain skills as verified by your physician medical director and ACLS current to your March expiration date
* For NREMT-P cards expiring March 31, 2009, all documentation must be submitted to the National Registry and postmarked no later than March 31, 2009. All continuing education used towards a renewal must be completed during the two-year registration cycle.
More information on National Registry re-registration requirements, procedures, and forms is available at www.nremt.org