Eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly is vital to maintaining a healthy weight and your overall wellbeing. While being overweight can lower self-esteem and trigger emotional problems, the more overweight a man is, the more likely he will develop a variety of mild to severe health problems.
Some of the health complications associated with being overweight may include:
- Elevated testosterone levels
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Sleep disorders, including sleep apnea and insomnia
Obese men have a higher risk of developing more serious, potentially life-threatening health problems, including:
- Blood clots
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Coronary heart failure (CHF)
- Type-2 diabetes
- Kidney disease
- Various cancers, including colon, rectal and prostate cancer
Our Weight Management Services
The Loma Linda University's Center for Health Promotion is home to a revolutionary Weight Management Program run by a well-trained, talented team of dieticians; surgeons, doctors and nurses; personal trainers and exercise specialists and psychotherapists. To help patients successfully lose and manage their weight, our experienced specialists work together to develop a realistic, individualized weight management program for each patient.
Our holistic approach concentrates on:
- Educating patients about nutrition and healthy eating habits
- Working with patients to develop healthy, balanced meal plans
- Developing effective, achievable exercise regimens that are tailored to fit a patient's physical limitations
- Performing complex surgical procedures, including gastric bypass surgery, to help the morbidly obese kick-start their weight loss
- Offering patients emotional support as they transform their lifestyle habits, their relationship with food and their bodies.
To Learn More about Our Weight Management Services
Call (877) 558-5877, or visit these pages to learn more about our weight management services for men: