Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long will this study be?
We will be observing and gathering critical information from each participant over the course of two years.
2. Do I have to eat walnuts if I am in this study?
You may or may not have to eat walnuts depending on which group you are randomly assigned to.
3. Do I need to be a vegetarian to participate in the study?
No, all individuals that meet the study requirements are encouraged to participate regardless of the diet being consumed.
4. How long will the information session be?
Each session is 60 to 90 minutes.
5. Do I have to avoid all nuts if I am in the walnut group?
It will depend on how much of the other nuts you eat and how often.
6. Can my spouse and I participate in the study together within the same group?
Yes, if you are both eligible to participate we can have you in the same group.