For more than 20 years, the Center for Fertility and In Vitro Fertilization has offered state-of-the-art treatments for various reproductive problems facing both men and women. In addition to diagnosing the causes of infertility, our Center for Fertility is committed to providing comprehensive, holistic care to address the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects that can come along with fertility issues.
Our highly successful in vitro fertilization program demonstrates pregnancy success rates better than the national average. In addition to IVF, the center offers ICSI, intrauterine insemination, egg donation and surrogacy. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is also offered to determine the gender and viability of embryos.
The First Step: Diagnosing Fertility Issues
While fertility complications can arise from problems with male sexual health, for women, complications with fertility may be caused by:
- Endometriosis – About 50 percent of infertile women suffer from this condition.
- Age – For example, women over 35 who are not yet menopausal can face difficulty getting pregnant due to the decreasing quality of their eggs.
- Amenorrhea – the absence of menstruation due to excessive exercise or lack of nutrients or other ovulation dysfunction
- Cysts or malignancies
- Imbalances in hormone levels
- Menopause onset
- Infection or sexually transmitted disease
- Malnutrition, anorexia and / or dietary deficiencies
- Physical abnormalities or trauma
To effectively diagnose the precise cause(s) of female infertility, our highly trained staff may perform:
- Blood tests to measure hormone levels
- Biopsies to detect possible malignancies
- Pelvic exams to identify possible cysts
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG) to visualize the way sperm would move through a woman's reproductive system
- Laparoscopy – the use of a tiny camera that, when inserted in the body, gives doctors a high-definition, 3-D image of internal organs to detect tumors and evaluate the structure of a woman's reproductive organs
Once a definitive cause of female infertility has been identified, our experts will develop a unique treatment plan specially suited to an individual woman's needs.
Options for treating female infertility may include:
- Medications to combat infections
- Hormone therapy to combat hormone imbalances
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery to resolve physical abnormalities and treat fibroids or other masses.
- Traditional gynecologic surgeries
- Acupuncture and other alternative treatments
- In Vitro Fertilization – the fertilization of a woman's egg in a laboratory. Following fertilization, eggs are re-implanted in the uterus to develop into a normal pregnancy and childbirth.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) – the micro-manipulation of a single sperm into a single egg outside the uterus
- Counseling, therapy and support groups to provide women with the emotional care they may need as they confront and work to overcome infertility
- Chaplain services to offer spiritual support and guidance through these trying times
To Learn More about Fertility Services for Women
Call (909) 558-2851 to schedule an appointment today!
Also, visit the following section to learn more about our fertility treatments and services: