When a woman and her partner are ready to conceive, dealing with fertility complications can be frustrating, disheartening and downright depressing. At the Center for Fertility and In Vitro Fertilization, our experienced, caring specialists are skilled at diagnosing and treating female fertility complications to help women overcome infertility and treasure the amazing experience of pregnancy and childbirth.
The Diagnostic Process: Identifying the Cause of Female Infertility
Before fertility treatments can begin, our experts will thoroughly examine and evaluate women who are having trouble conceiving. Our top-of-the-line diagnostic tests will determine which of the following is causing a woman to be infertile:
- Endometriosis, a condition that causes internal uterine tissues to grow outside of the uterus. About 50 percent of all women who are infertile suffer from endometriosis.
- Ovulation dysfunction, which may cause eggs to be released from the ovaries at inappropriate times (or not at all)
- Tubal or peritoneal issues, in which structural issues with the fallopian tubes hinder sperm from being able to reach an egg
- Cervical factors, which can include a deficient cervical mucus, cervical scarring or antibodies that attack sperm
- Uterine problems, which can include scar tissue or structural abnormalities
In Vitro Fertilization Procedures
After administering a comprehensive infertility evaluation, our staff will develop a unique patient-centered treatment plan that can include:
- In Vitro Fertilization – IVF is an assisted reproduction technique during which a woman's egg is fertilized with sperm outside of the womb. Once fertilized, the egg is re-implanted in the uterus to develop into normal pregnancy. In Vitro Fertilization is usually possible when infertility is caused by cervical, tubal or peritoneal factors. In some cases, women may need to undergo surgery or other procedures before they are eligible for IVF.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection – ICSI is a more specialized, complicated form of IVF, as it requires micro-manipulation to inject a single sperm into a single egg outside of the uterus.
Services That Support IVF
Along with offering state-of-the-art In Vitro Fertilization treatments, we also provide a range of other services in accordance with our holistic approach to overcoming female infertility. Services that support women as they make their way through the IVF process include but are not limited to:
- Alternative fertility treatments, such as acupuncture
- Education classes on female sexual health, conception and fertility
- Rehabilitation and follow-up medical care, should women need surgery or more invasive fertility treatments prior to IVF
- Counseling and support groups to give women the emotional care they need as they deal with infertility
- Chaplain services to provide women with spiritual support and guidance
Additionally, as part of our ongoing effort to improve our quality of care, we also conduct ongoing research to find more effective methods of diagnosing and treating female infertility.
To Learn More about In Vitro Fertilization and Related Services
Call (909) 558-2851 to schedule an appointment today!
Or, visit the following section to learn more about our fertility treatments and services: