Eating a balanced, healthy diet is essential to maintaining a healthy weight, preventing serious health problems and sustaining an overall sense of wellbeing. For women, nutrition and diet can be particularly important issues, as aging and bodily changes can significantly alter their nutritional needs.
At the Loma Linda University Center for Health Promotion (LLUCHP), our well-trained, compassionate specialists have extensive experience in providing holistic nutritional care, which includes but is not limited to:
- Pinpointing risk factors and dispositions women may have towards particular health problems
- Diagnosing women's current health issues and nutritional needs
- Developing realistic, patient-centered diet plans to help women achieve their optimal health
- Providing women with ongoing support as they adopt new eating habits and alter their relationship to food and their bodies
How We Develop Effective Nutrition & Diet Plans
To ensure that we are creating the most effective and appropriate diet plan for each individual woman, our expert staff will gather a woman's complete medical history, including her family history of certain conditions, such as diabetes and various cancers, and perform a thorough physical exam including blood tests and allergy tests.
Depending on the results of these preliminary exams, physicians may call for more extensive testing, including:
- Bone density tests to screen for osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Cardiac and coronary artery tests to evaluate the heart's strength, function and overall health
- Colonoscopy and / or laparoscopy to assess a woman's pelvic and gynecologic health
- Pulmonary function tests to test lung capacity and function
Our Comprehensive Services
The results of the above exams, as well as a woman's age and medical history, will help our nutritionists and other specialists develop uniquely appropriate diet plans for our patients.
Our specialized nutrition and diet plans can be tailored to accommodate women with:
- Food allergies
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Heart conditions
- Hyperlipidemia (the presence of excess fat in the blood due to high cholesterol)
- Kidney and / or liver disorders
- Weight loss goals
We also specialize in developing balanced vegetarian and vegan diet plans.
To ensure that women adopt and stick to their new individualized diet plans, our nutritional programs also include:
- Education classes on healthy eating
- Counseling, therapy and support groups to provide women with the emotional support they need as they change their ingrained eating habits
- Fitness training to coincide with dietary changes so women can achieve their optimal health more quickly
- Chaplain services for spiritual guidance and support
To Learn More about Nutrition & Dietetic Counseling Services
Call (909) 558-4594 to schedule an appointment today!
Or visit the following pages: