The Department of Neurology has provided the Inland Empire with expert neurological services for over four decades. The department has expanded its scope of practice tremendously in the last several years and now offers a wide range of subspecialty services.
For inquiries or an appointment with one of our specialists at the main campus or our Murrieta offices please call (909) 558-2880 or contact the Customer Care Center at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
In 2014, LLUMC was recognized amongst the top 3% of hospitals analyzed for Best Hospital rankings with High-Performance in Neurology & Neurosurgery. Learn more >
Subspecialties at the Main Campus:
- Neuromuscular diseases/ALS/EMG: Dr. Tsao, Dr. Nist, Dr. Peterson, Dr. Humbert, Dr. Olivo, Dr. Jeffrey Rosenfeld, Dr. Theresa LaBarte
- Epilepsy/EEG: Dr. Losey, Dr. Bannout, Phillip Tseng, MD
- Multiple sclerosis: Dr. Giang, Dr. Olek
- Movement Disorders/Parkinson's Disease: Dr. Dashtipour, Dr. Frei, Dr. Fuentes, Dr. Farzin Pedoium
- Stroke: Dr. Haddad, Dr. Truong
- Headache: Dr. Makki, Dr. Thomas Bravo
- Neurocritical Care: Dr. Olmecah, Dr. Truong
- Nurse Practitioner: Sandra Estrada, NP
- Stroke Coordinator: Joanna Yang, NP
Subspecialties at Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Affairs Medical Center:
- Neuromuscular diseases/EMG: Dr. B Cole
- General neurology/neuro-ophthalmology: Dr. Bounds
- EMG: Dr. Bohr, Dr. Nist
- Movement Disorders: Dr. D Cole
- Epilepsy: Dr. Patel
- Stroke: Mohammad Shafie, MD, PhD
- Parkinson’s disease
- Gait impairments
- Focal and generalized dystonia (blepharospasm, Torticollis, writer cramp, laryngeal spasm, etc.
- Management of patients with deep brain stimulation
- Management of spasticity
The department enjoys the benefits of a tertiary care center in terms of tools, facilities, and collaborations. State-of-the-art inpatient services and nursing are available as well as neuro-imaging and electrodiagnostic services. The department is also fortunate to benefit from close collaborative assistance from a broad range of other medical specialties such as neurosurgery, internal medicine, cardiology, and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
The department is committed to expert, whole-person patient care in a compassionate setting. Our emphasis on teaching and education ensures that we stay abreast of the latest developments in our fields. The teaching practice also enables us to provide our patients with a dynamic team of providers to optimize their care. The department encourages individual and multi-center research that adds to our knowledge base and capabilities by stimulating innovative thinking and adoption of new treatment approaches.
The department operates the inpatient neurology services at LLUMC providing primary and consultative general and subspecialty services. The department also provides general neurology inpatient and outpatient services at Riverside County Regional Medical Center (Dr. Koshy), and LLUMC Murrieta (Dr. Olivo, Dr. Fuentes). Our neurology clinic is located in the Faculty Medical Offices in Loma Linda, Suite B100.
The outpatient practice accepts a wide range of insurance plans and HMOs.