Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) Transplantation Institute’s Transplant Teams offer patients comprehensive care before, during and after their transplant procedure. Our multidisciplinary Transplant Team is committed to meeting the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs of transplant patients through personalized attention and individualized care.
Committed to the success of your transplant, our highly qualified doctors and experienced transplant specialists will walk you through the transplantation process, ease your concerns, answer questions and provide the best care around.
- Imo Ebong, M.D.
Our Transplant Team
The Transplant Team is comprised of physicians, nurses, financial coordinators and other medical experts who collaborate to ensure your transplant procedure goes smoothly and the recovery process is successful.
- Transplant Coordinators – Nurses assigned to patients who help coordinate their care throughout the transplantation process.
- Case Managers – Professionals who manage the discharge planning needs of patients and their families post-transplant.
- Financial Coordinators – Financial professionals who assist with hospital billing methods, helping transplant patients with financial or insurance issues.
- Immunologists – Laboratory technicians who perform lab tests that match organs and tissues with recipients. They also monitor the immune system before and after the transplant.
- Nurse Practitioners – Nurses who work with the surgeons/physicians in caring for patients before, during and after their hospital stay.
- Social Workers – Professionals who conduct psycho-social evaluations and help patients cope with illness. They also lead support groups and work with the transplant coordinator and families throughout the transplantation process.
- Dietitians – Professionals who conduct nutritional evaluations of each patient pre- and post-transplantation. Dietitians provide guidelines to maintain a healthy weight and improve transplant outcomes.
- Transplant Pharmacists – Pharmacists who teach patients about the prescribed medicines and monitor their post-transplant intake.
With the accessibility of our facilities and ease of scheduling an appointment, LLUMC’s compassionate staff is dedicated to providing you with whole-person care. Our commitment to the well-being of your mind, body and spirit begins with your request for an appointment. Make an appointment by calling us toll-free at 1-800-548-3790 or locally at 909-558-3636, by filling out the interest form or by visiting our facilities today
In the event of an emergency, call 911. Please note the information provided within this web site is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your regular physician with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.