As part of their training, urology and gynecology residents will spend two months with the doctors in the Center for Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery at Loma Linda University Medical Center offers residents to complete their medical training in a highly specialized field. Residents train under a fellowship-trained Female Pelvic Medicine Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS) surgeon and participate in the center's comprehensive approach to female pelvic health.
Fellows and residents have the opportunity to:
- Properly diagnose pelvic floor dysfunction
- Participate in complex pelvic surgeries
- Learn sophisticated diagnostic testing techniques
- Develop compassionate clinical care techniques
- Learn the business aspects of medicine
- Learn to critically read and evaluate medical literature