The minimally invasive procedures offered by our department utilize the latest technology to treat urologic conditions. By combining minimally invasive treatments with expert care, we continue the Loma Linda University Medical Center commitment to whole person wellness.
Our Minimally Invasive Procedures:
- Shock Wave & Laser Lithotripsy
- Microwave BPH Therapy
- No Scalpel Vasectomy
- Percutaneous Radiofrequency Ablation
- Percutaneous Nephrostolithotomy
- Laparo-endoscopic Single Site Surgery
About Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery is performed through dime-sized (1-2 cm) incisions also called operating ports. This is in contrast to the much larger incisions used in traditional, open surgery, which are often as large as 6-12 inches long. Some minimally invasive procedures forego incisions entirely and are alternatives to surgery that utilize shock wave and laser technology.
Benefits of Smaller Incisions
The smaller incisions made during minimally invasive surgery typically ensure shorter recovery times and result in:
- Less pain & risk of infection
- Less blood loss & fewer transfusions
- Reduced hospitalization costs