Women's Imaging and Breast Health Center
Women's Imaging services at Loma Linda University Medical Center are aimed at diagnosing a wide range of female medical conditions, including breast cancer, abdominal and pelvic disorders such as pain or abnormal bleeding, and osteoporosis. Our Breast Health Center offers the most advanced technological capabilities found in the Inland Empire, enabling us to detect breast abnormalities earlier and more accurately. Studies are read by an expert radiologist dedicated solely to breast imaging procedures. And our Breast Health Navigator, a registered nurse, helps newly diagnosed women get into treatment and recovery as quickly as possible.
In addition to diagnostics, the Breast Health Center offers education and breast cancer awareness programs. A second-opinion service can help assess the presence and extent of breast disease.
Osteoporosis is a silent progressive disease which, if left untreated, causes increased bone loss and fragility that can lead to fractures. At LLUMC, specialists diagnose osteoporosis using DXA scans, which measures the density of the bones. DXA uses low energy X-rays to measure body composition and bone mineral density. This simple, painless procedure takes only 20 minutes to perform. To find out more about bone health, click here.
We aspire to the highest standards of quality imaging and are accredited by the American College of Radiology. Our full range of women's diagnostic studies include:
- Digital and conventional mammography for detecting breast abnormalities
- The Inland Empire's first dedicated breast MRI to provide screening, diagnosis and biopsy of breast disease and breast cancer
- Breast ultrasound for evaluating breast abnormalities
- Minimally-invasive breast biopsy
- Pelvic and abdominal ultrasound
- Bone density testing
- Interventional radiology, including Uterine Artery Embolization for the treatment of uterine fibroids
Mammography studies are enhanced through the use of a computer-aided detection (CAD) system.
For more information on this and other women's services, please call 1 888 97WOMEN (96636).